Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Little Update

So... clearly I didn't do a good job at blogging... But today I'm going to spend some time adding some new recipes and other things.

Since my last blog post, our apartment flooded (only minor, none of our stuff got damaged, but they did have to tear out some walls), my hubby has worked hard on job applications, I went to South Korea to visit friends, we started a class with our church, I took a last-minute trip to England, and we traveled to Colorado and then Hood River for Christmas. It's been a roller coaster, but in the end, we have a lot of joy and thankfulness for what God is doing in our lives and in our marriage.

I spent a good chunk of last year working on knitting us Christmas stockings. I definitely wasn't expecting to have both finished by Christmas, but during my trip to England, I had some time and I ended up finishing! Since they took me about 13 months to complete, I thought I'd post a picture :-)

Christmas 2013

So far this year is off to a good start - the weather has been very gloomy for the past 2 weeks, but I guess that's normal for Seattle... I don't like "New Year's Resolutions" and I'm not very good at reflecting on the past year, but I'm growing in that. So I have a few things that I want to work on this year:
    1. Occasionally writing down some thoughts (either on this blog or in a journal),
    2. Keep a prayer journal - I'd love to be able to look back and see how God has answered prayers
    3. Stay around after church to talk to people - as our little church plant has grown to around 250 people in attendance each Sunday, I've found it harder and harder to talk to people after church because I feel like there are so many new faces.  

Okay, that's about it for this post! Now on to the yummy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment